- Apollo challenges Rocky to a rematch, but Rocky has an eye injury so he retires.
- Apollo calls Rocky names so Rocky says I will fight again, but Adrian doesn't approve. Apparently Rocky never heard of "sticks and stones...
- Because of Adrian, Rocky doesn't really train. Because what better way to demonstrate your manhood to Apollo and make your wife happy then by going into the ring and suffering a debilitating injury in the first round.
- Then Adrian goes into a coma, comes out of the coma and tells Rocky he should fight. Comas apparently help people come to irrational decisions.
- Rocky trains really hard and works on his speed. We know this because he can catch a chicken. Mickey tells us how fast he is.
- Rematch arrives and is 14 rounds of Rocky getting pummeled because he is not fast. Exactly the opposite of the thing Mickey told us he was.
So this film is basically a whole lot of filler that means nothing just so we can get to the fight. Nostalgia had me remembering Rocky II as okay. But this is a BAD film.